Welcome to my opinionated world
- When Will We Start Treating Trans People Like Human Beings, Just Like You And Me?Aanya Natesan was brutally raped and beaten up for being a trans woman, on the streets of Gurgaon, on 24th Nov 2019, when she was on her way to a Pride March – is this how we should treat fellow humans? *trigger warning – violence against women How do you tell a transgender person that […]
- Kejriwal’s betrayal hurts a lot more than the complicity of those twoThis was never expected from you Arvind. Never. The voters of Delhi had great sympathy and support for what you had done in the past 6 years, be it your welfare schemes or your development model. But more than that, your commitment to secularism (or that’s what we thought till now) was something that many […]
- The Caste System: Will We Ever Bridge The Gap?Even after more than 70 years of independence, we have not been able to ensure equality for all. Why is there still the divide and will we ever go beyond it? Recently, the movie Article 15 was made available on Netflix for anyone to watch. It, probably, is one of the first mainstream Bollywood movies […]
- Dear Mr. _______, Have you no shame?There is no point naming any particular individual or political party while talking about the ongoing terror attack on the helpless citizens of Delhi. Simply because the primary purpose of naming someone and pointing fingers at them is to make sure that people around you are aware of who they are and what they did, […]
- There is no ‘us’ and ‘them’. There is only ‘us’I should have watched ‘Mulk’ earlier than I did. I really should have. And so should have many others, especially those who were wielding sticks, stones and guns with the intention of turning Delhi into a graveyard. This is not a movie review because at a time when the capital city is going through the […]
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.